Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is AFRREP?
- AFRREP is the acronym for Audit Firm Registration/Renewal Portal. It is an online registration and renewal application that enables audit firms desirous to provide their services to the Federal Government of Nigeria to comply with requirements for their names to be published by the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation (OAuGF).
2. How often do I need to register?
- You only need to register once.
3. How often do I renew?
- You need to renew on or before 31st March of the following year after your registration. Registered firms are advised to renew three weeks before March 31st to allow for document verification and for their names to be on the Auditors' List on April 1st and thereafter.
- Please note also that all backlogs of renewal must be paid for any firm to be listed.
4. What are the Documents required to be presented before the registration of any Audit Firm (scanned copies are admissible). Please note that all documents will be verified.
- The documents required are:
- Registration of firm with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Practicing License (Certificate)
- Professional Certificate (ICAN or ANAN)
- Tax Clearance Certificate of one of the firm’s partner
- Firm’s seal (scanned copy)
5. What are the costs of registration and renewal?
- Registration of Audit firm: N50,000.00
- Annual renewal fee by Audit firm: N20,000.00
- Please note that all fees paid for registration/renewal are NOT refundable.
6. What are the guidelines and requirements to be appointed as an Auditor to audit the accounts of Federal Government Parastatals, Agencies and Commissions?